Back in 1999 I worked with a number of companies performing Y2K Audits for SME businesses and now...
Building a Better Online Business
Creating and managing your online business requires you to follow the same basic principals of any business - relying on sound Business Strategies. There are however, a few practices that differ or that just are unique to an online business. Here we share our views and experience with you to help you develop a more effective and profitable online business.
Right now the Queensland Government is just opened up Round 4 of its Small Business Digital Grants Program offering up to $10,000 towards the cost of purchasing
hardware, software and services that directly relate to your capacity to enhance the digital capabilities within your business delivering greater competitiveness,
improved cost efficiencies or increasing staff.
The Small Business Digital Grant (of up to $10,000 in matched funding), is a program from the Queensland Government which… “provides small businesses with access to digital technologies and services to enable them to work smarter, engage with the global economy and make the most of online business opportunities arising from digital disruption.”
- upgrading your website to promote or sell your products online
- implementing a CRM solution to better engage with your customers
- Putting administration and booking for your Coworking space fully online
- Development and implementation of a Digital Marketing Strategy
You’ve got nothing to lose and up to $10,000 to gain!
IS MY BUSINESS EVEN ELIGIBLE?
If you can tick all of the criteria below, then YES!
- have fewer than 20 employees at the time of applying for the grant
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN) and be registered for GST
- be based in Queensland
- have a turnover of $2 million or less in the last financial year
- declare if any owners or directors of the business are an undischarged bankrupt or insolvent.
WHAT CAN I DO WITH THAT KIND OF GRANT FUNDING?
To quote the Queensland Government... “anything digital that helps grow your small business”. This includes a new website build (design & development), website updates (including support & maintenance), social media campaigns, web or blog content (copywriting).”
As long as the intended use falls under one of the below four areas, you should be good:
- content development (web pages, mobile apps, visual and audio media etc.)
- receiving payments or selling online
- specialised digital technology or software (business specific)
- digital planning, marketing strategy development, and training.
WHAT DO I NEED TO FOCUS ON IN MY APPLICATION TO HAVE THE BEST CHANCE OF GETTING THE GRANT?
In addition to meeting the eligibility criteria, the official grant information website states that applications will be prioritised based on:
- the impact the digital technology or service will have on the business (measured by revenue growth, increase in gross profit, time savings, employment outcomes)
- the extent to which the digital technology or service will enhance the digital capabilities of the business to make the business more competitive
- the potential and likelihood the activity will deliver jobs growth
- value for money
HOW DO I APPLY?
For the potential of receiving up to $10,000 of matched funding in cold hard cash, the application is unbelievably super straightforward.
Are you ready for it… ? You’ll need to complete the online application form and attach
supporting documentation (quote for intended product or service). Yep – that’s it. The hardest part will mostly likely be getting a quote in such a
short period from your anticipated supplier.
We’ll help with the hardest part – getting a solid, credible quote. Leaving you to fill in the form, attach the quote and click ‘send’!
For more info and to apply for the grant: CLICK HERE.
We hope this was helpful! If you have any questions or want some further info on a quote for your application, just sing out – we’ll be happy to help if we can.
Published by: Top Left Designs on