I always say that there is no better way to provide a product and having used yourself first.Onl...
Building a Better Online Business
Creating and managing your online business requires you to follow the same basic principals of any business - relying on sound Business Strategies. There are however, a few practices that differ or that just are unique to an online business. Here we share our views and experience with you to help you develop a more effective and profitable online business.
I always say that there is no better way to provide a product and having used yourself first.Only then can you relate to the experience your customers will go through themselves.
Before becoming an Authorised Zoho partner, we use the system alongside our existing systems that 12 months.Since then we have commenced migrating our previous systems over to Zoho and will shortly complete that process.Whilst at the same time incorporating other Zoho applications.Some of the systems we use will remain because of alliance partners use of those same systems.
As a small business owner I had processes in place and I had automated systems supporting these processes.The problems I had however when knowing where everything was, in particular;
- having a clear picture of our business performance results.
- So much information was in different systems that were not linked to one another.
- Inability to readily access all information related to a contact, a client or a project.
- Simple tools to help me organise my tasks, appointments and administration of the business.
- The ability to access information on any device – desktop, tablet or phone.
As a Web agency supporting clients on a number of different products utilising not only our own staff but external agencies and contractors, we need to keep close management over the following processes;
- Digital marketing – social, content and e-mail marketing.
- Engaging with potential sales leads.
- Tracking progress on proposals put to our clients.
- Managing our client projects.
- Servicing customer queries and issues.
- Billing and expense tracking and reporting.
- Managing thousands of documents for internal use an external sharing.
- Managing day-to-day activities.
The above are fairly typical of most service-based businesses.How we apply Zoho to our business might vary between different sorts of businesses at the context of our approach is fairly fixed.
The Solution Implemented.
We currently have implemented the following Zoho applications for managing our processes and customer engagement model.Of course this does not reflect all of the systems we use and more will be added as we progress.This will, however, provide you with some insight as to how Zoho has become an essential and integral part of our business.
Zoho one was chosen as the package of choice because for a licence fee of just $35 per month per user, we got access to 40+ Zoho applications.
- All e-mails to and from in relation to any league, contact, prospect or account.
- Status and details of all quotes.
- Who has viewed e-mail campaigns and what actions they took.
- Social engagement by our followers and posts shared.
- Support best tickets.
- Sales/purchase orders.
- Generation of quotes
Of course this is not a comprehensive description of each application, but hopefully it provides you with some idea of just how extensive the functionality of Zoho can be.Zoho is unable must have spent several alternate solutions.We already have in place for;
- E-mail marketing
- Customer service desk.
- Project management.
- Browser-based chat facility.
- Social media content marketing.
- Invoicing/client billing.
- E-mail and calendar management.
The best result we now have is that everything is accessible through a single platform.All integrated giving us a systemic view on our performance and client engagement.
Published by: Top Left Designs on